Friday, July 20, 2007

That's Why You Go

Well, there's still a long road to recovery for me... meanwhile this is my favourite childhood song, first heard of this song when i was primary 5.





One of the most insperational songs ever written, in my basketball years, when i lost a tournament match i would listen to this song over and over again and train harder, going down to the basketball court to practise alone, some times even when it rained or when i`m sick or sprained my ankle or arm i was so determined to improve myself and prove it that i could make it that i put my pain and sickness aside. Permanently causing my knee to have injury till now, i can't sit for long hours or when watchin movies i have to sit at the aisle seats to strech my leg if not my knee will hurt. Once i sat in the car to KL for 6 hours without getting out, my knee hurt so badly i had to be helped to the hotel room and i had to lay in bed for 1 whole day while my cousins went out shopping. It was that bad, but despite the pain i still played basketball literally with my life, basketball was my life and it is still in my blood. I will go all out just to help my team try to win, even if we lost we were very proud that we did not give up at any second of the game and we totally put our 100% best in the games we played. That is the true spirit of team playing.. inspiring each other to continue on with faith and hope and helping each other till the very last point. Basketball for life...
Last year i found out from my friend that 1 of my basketball junior passed away in a freak motorcycle accident.. hard to accept it, we used to train and play basketball almost everytime and we would have shooting competitions to see who was the best 3 point shooter in the school team. I would not dare to imagine how his family and girlfriend must be feeling at the point of his death. Finding comfort in the knowledge that he is now resting in heaven.. Take care Bro... The day will come where we will challenge each other in basketball once again... Miss You....God Bless

(I Believe I Can Fly)


No comments: