Sunday, July 15, 2007

324 Basketball

I miss my basketball days, we were a group of crazily enthusiastic basketballers called 324 basketballers because thats the block number beside the basketball court. We would hang out almost everyday playin basketball till the lights went off... We even had our own trainings like shooting, running, defence and attacking strategies. At one point of time we got famous, we went outside challenging other basketball teams and we would create a winning streak. We even went as far as the east side and north east side to challenge other teams... i remember everytime we win we would stick a can onto the fence...lol and we almost had the whole fence filled with cans till some idiot worker came to take away all the cans.

324 basketball court is definately my 2nd home, learnt many things from there, made many new friends too... and it was there i met my ex which i took at least 5 years to forget her. I knew her in 2002, years b4 2002 i've seen her at a shopping center and i was just attracted to her instantly, but she had a bf, which they broke up with soon after, and i told myself she would not even bother glancing at me, so nerdy and thin.
Then 2002 came and i played basketball everyday, 1 day she suddenly walked pass the bball court and there she was staring over and me staring back at her... after that i would see her walk pass the bball court everyday, so i would skip my poly classes (i found out she did the same thing too!) and rush back at 3pm to play basketball and hope she will walk pass and have a glimpse of her even if it was for 1 second.
I noticed that she would not go home straight, she would stay at a corner and watch us play basketball. One day when she walked pass...my friends figured out i liked her...they literally carried me up and brought me over to her... that was the 1st time i talked to her and found out that all along she lived opposite my block =)
She now has a boyfriend for 3 years already and i am still very good friends with her although we had broken up. We still go for runs, gym or suppers at times, now i`m helping her in her gym workouts to keep healthy. Wish her all the best in life and hope that her current boyfriend will be the guy that she ties a knot with =) God Bless...

No comments: