Thursday, December 27, 2007

SHANGHAI TRIP! ( PICTURES TO BE CONTINUED LATER! )

I'm back from my Shanghai holiday!!!! Hmmm many interesting things happened during my trip there, well... it will be my first and i think last trip there =) apart from the good cold weather and historical sight seeings and shoppings, i was not impressed by the rest.. i wonder how Shanghai women can stand the Shanghai men over there because where ever they go they just spit on the floor and nobody gives way, it seemed that in their mind they have the right of way.. they will just bang you or even when taking a cab, unlike Singapore where people give way to those who had been waiting for a cab earlier on, they just run straight into the cab and pushing you away just to get into a cab. Thats why after 1 hour of getting robbed of my cab, i decided to do the same way and just ignore the manners. The drivers there do not obey the traffic lights and way of route! Even if it is red light they will still go through the traffic and even dare sound the horn at you to call you to get out of the way!

This are some things that makes me appreciate i live in Singapore where spitting is an offence, and courtesy is a virtue!!

On my second day i took a cab which i didn't realise it was an illegal 1 and the cash meter just rose every 3 seconds! and the driver actually brought me to another place instead of the hotel where i wanted to go. I immediately sternly told him to alight me and i took an official cab where the driver told me to be careful for all these illegal cabs where they bring tourist to other places and then rob them.. I was lucky it was in the day time where there are many people around... Thank God

Enough of the complaining, i shall upload some of the many pictures i took throughout my trip!

DAY 1

The hotel ( RAMADA )


This is how my hotel room looks like, the typical hotel room


The view outside the hotel room window


This is XIN TIAN DI, famous night spot for pubs and where the trendy hang out


1 of the beautiful pubs you can find there


Beautiful wine bar



The rain came but did not stop me from enjoying the cold air and beautiful scenery


Reminds me of Paris

1 of the cleanest place you can find in Shanghai already =)


After that a beautiful breakfast of Xiao Long Bao and beed soup ramen from the famous Dian Tai Fung over at Shanghai, their service is so much better then Singapore's and not to mention the food



Day 2

Day 2 was shopping time at my hotel area! The famous Nan Jing Street where you can find at least 5 or more shopping centers side by side!



Along the streets!



Just enjoy the view



The Bund where opposite is Pudong, another shopping district



A clearer view


I love this picture effect




This is 1 big ass thermometer




After that i headed to this posh Italian restaurent



Their butter lobster cabonara looked like HORFUN!!!

No comments: