Saturday, August 18, 2007

Inspiring Moment

Today in the Country Club gym, i saw something which made me felt shameful... I saw an elderly man in his 60s..who just recovered from a stroke and still have problems with his walking and muscle controlling coordination, giving more then 100% in determination and concentration to recover back to his normal healthy self... He was holding on tighly onto the threadmill bars at the side and walking but limping slowly in pain, but he managed to walk 30 mins without stopping under the guidance and motivation of my instructor. He also can not have a firm grip on things but he took the lightest dumbbell and just grip it hard trying to gain back the control of his muscles. Every workout he did, i could just see the determination and concentration in him... This made me see how lucky we are, and we are still complaning about things being impossible to achieve when we thought that we had put in 100% but actually we have not... I felt that i had not been achieving my goals because of denial.

When my sprained wrist recovers soon.. I will this time really put in strict efforts in my workouts and diet plans... I will not forget what i saw today, and it will be a benchmark that whenever i feel that anything is too tough to do...i will recall the event i witnessed...Life is short, Time is unforgiving.. its time to make good use of life.

No comments: