Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Remembering the past...

(2004)
Yes... This WAS me about 3 years ago, 45kg , being a basketball freak which is a very high cardio workout sport and high metabolism. I used to be the smallest and thinnest guy in my class and as a result a main target of being bullied and laughed at.

Once the bullying got so bad that when i was at a shopping arcade i was stopped by 7 to 8 hooligans who keeps accusing me of staring at them and being in another gang, my then girl friend was around so i could not possibly run away. I got beaten up badly by them and my gal left me that night too. So i told myself not to be sad or angry at them or myself, bottle up all my emotions and start hitting the gym and eating right so i will get bigger, stop all the jokes and bullying about me. The fire in me was so strong to reach my goal and i spent the next 2 to 4 months training...training and nothing but training.. Sacrificing time spent with friends and fun... My Goal might seem childish but i always wanted to wear a singlet and not being laughed and mocked at being skinny. Only if you were skinny you would know the feeling of it and the feeling of buying my first singlet and having the confidence to finally wear one was such a milestone for me which was something i once thought impossible. I will never forget that once i was a target for bullies and i will want to help others cope with the same problem with me by being a fitness instructor and consultant in the future!



No comments: