Sunday, August 3, 2008

My first leg injury after 11 years of playing basketball

On Tuesday i had a game of basketball which almost ruined my entire sporting life! While i did a jump shot, i landed on my friend's leg and he moved away causing me to land very awkwadly on the side of my left foot and i felt a very big CrrAaAAccCk! and the next moment i knew i was down on the floor in acute agony and i just clenched my ankle with both hands to try to get over the pain but the pain just kept getting worst and i had to be carried out of the court to rest at the sides.

After that i needed 2 friends to literally lift me home and on the way i had to lie down to rest every few steps because i could feel the blood keep flowing to my ankle which was killing me. The next morning i woke up my leg was so swollen and every single move i made was in pain, i went to the doctor and he said i severly injured my ankle's soft muscle tissues and i almost fractured my ankle bone. I had to be on clutches to avoid any further pressure on my left leg which i didn't use when going out because it was so inconvenient.

But i kinda regretted not using the clutches, yesterday i still went to my friend's pub and i walked quite alot. Today when i took out the bandages, i saw my veins were darken and there were dark blue and black and reddish bruises on both sides of my left feet. The doctor said that because of too much pressure keep applying to my left ankle that resulted in blood clotting around the injured muscle tissue area.



The doctor said that i have to be out of any sports for at least a month or two to at least let it heal if not i might make the injury worst and it will affect my sports next time. I guess gym is still alright!

No comments: